Archive for the ‘Walt Disney World News’ Category
With Epcot’s International Festival of the Arts starting today, we’re are sure that there are many more surprises right around the corner! Here is what you can expect as the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts Returns!9 Epcot Festival of the Arts Returns
2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts Returns and runs today through February 25, 2019 at Walt Disney World. Guests will be able to sing along to their favorite Disney Broadway tunes that will be showcased during the Disney on Broadway Concert Series. Show times are at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 p.m. daily. Each week will bring different sets of Disney on Broadway stars to the American Gardens Theater stage in the World Showcase at Epcot. The stars will perform various award-winning songs from popular Disney on Broadway productions such as “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Lion King,” and “Frozen.” The lineup will change week to week so guests who return on multiple occasions will have a chance to see a completely different performance from their last visit. The Disney on Broadway stars who will be showcased are:
Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”) and Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”)
Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”)
Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”) and Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”)
Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
In addition to the concert series, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature 13 Food Studios, plus additional creative food and beverage offerings around Epcot with an expanded selection of delicious new tastes to savor.
You won’t want to miss the chance to take home a piece of artwork or a souvenir from your time as the 2019 Epcot Festival of Arts Returns.
Art collectors and Disney enthusiasts alike will find artwork for sale throughout the entire park, from the Art of Disney store to Festival Markets.
In addition, special merchandise will be available at Mouse Gear and other Epcot locations featuring the festival’s logo adorning shirts, mugs, totes and other charming items.
Admission to the concert series is included with park admission so head on over to Orlando Ticket Connection’s Discount Disney World Tickets to get some of the best prices around!
Wondering whether or not to take your toddler to Disney? Discover fun for little ones—as well as special offers designed with your family in mind. Even though your young ones will probably not remember the adventure, you will remember watching the look on their faces when they encounter Mickey Mouse and Magic Kingdom for the first time!Top 5 Reasons to Take Toddlers to Disney World
1. The best reason to take them is it’s free!! Kids under 3 don’t need a separate ticket. With a one day Single day ticket for kids around $108, that’s a considerable savings if you choose to take your 2 year old instead of waiting until he’s 3 or 4. The same goes for FastPass+ selections. During a FastPass+ selection window, simply scan the ticket or MagicBand of the Adult, simply inform the Cast Member that your child is under 3 and they will get to experience the attraction (as long as they meet the height requirements for the attraction).
2. Another great benefit are the Baby Centers. If your toddler gets tired and needs a break you can take them here so they can nap or just wind down. The centers are run by a Disney parks attendant, and have big, clean changing tables, nursing rooms, high chairs, and toys. You can also purchase formula, clothes, toys, and pacifiers. Baby Care Centers aren’t just for emergencies. Think of them as time out rooms where your family can take a break. They’re clean, spacious, have comfortable chairs and a TV running Disney movies.
3. The Disney Cast members and kids are so incredible! They go out of their way to interact with the little ones and pay them special attention. No matter the Character you approach they are fun, exiting and play their roles to a tee! What a delight for youngsters! They will also sign autographs and have been trained to sign a specific way so that you will always get the same signature no matter who is playing the character.
4. There are so many rides for your toddlers can enjoy! At Andy’s Backyard in Disney World’s All-New Toy Story Land, kids and grown-ups alike will feel like they have been shrunken down to the size of a green army man with giant toys scattered about everywhere. Dumbo the Flying Elephant is probably the one attraction that the little ones gravitate to the most. The only rides that you can’t take your toddler on are Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Indy Speedway. Word of warning, though: just because you can take your toddler doesn’t mean that you should. You’ll have to make judgment calls based on your own child’s character and fear levels.
5. If you go in the off-season, the parks are least crowded. January, September, October, and the first two weeks of November and December are the best times to go and not have to fight the massive crowds. You can then go at a leisurely pace and both you and your toddler can enjoy the park!
Holiday Nighttime Spectacular Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios November 6 to January 6, 2019.Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World® Resort on Nov 6, 2018. Join in the celebration as the stars of ABC’s Prep & Landing search high and low for Santa Claus, becasue old Kris Kringle has gone missing.
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and will feature fireworks, special effects, snow, and state-of-the-art projections of Disney characters across the facade of the park’s iconic Chinese Theater. The seasonal show follows characters from several Disney properties —including Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, elves Wayne and Lanny from ABC’s Prep & Landing, and familiar faces from Bambi, Mickey’s Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast, and Pluto’s Christmas Tree — as they embark on a yuletide adventure to see Santa Claus’ safe return to the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
Led by elves Wayne and Lanny, the duo from ABC/Walt Disney Animation Studios’ animated special “Prep & Landing,” the spirited yuletide adventure to the North Pole features memorable holiday moments from the iconic Disney films and more, all building to a festive finale that’s “So tinsel!”
A sweet way for Guests to enjoy this new holiday spectacular is with the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party, Delight in holiday-inspired snacks, delicious desserts, wine, beer, and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Menu favorites include the classic Yule log, cheese fondue with pretzel bread, and Gingerbread martinis.
Memorable, heartwarming, and enchanting for the entire family, these one-of-a-kind holiday experiences will dazzle guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios through Jan 6 2019
One of the best things about visiting Walt Disney World during the holiday season is the special event, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2018, at the Magic Kingdom. The event includes cookies and hot cocoa, a holiday parade, special fireworks show, live entertainment, rare character meet & greets and more. It takes place on 22 select nights throughout November and December.Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2018
This special event requires separate event admission to attend and goes on after the park closes for regular day-guests (day ticket not required to attend this event.) Event tickets are on sale now and may sell out for certain nights, so don’t delay in picking up your passes. See complete list of dates and where to purchase tickets below, along with more details for the shows and attractions that will be featured at this year’s event. 2018 Event Dates:
• November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30 • December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party takes place from 7 PM to midnight each night of the event. Daytime admission to the Magic Kingdom is not required to experience this after-hours event.
The must-see offering, “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” kicks off the fun each night at dusk. Guests arriving early for the party can watch as royal sisters Anna and Elsa lead a celebration for their friends on the Castle Forecourt Stage that culminates in Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a shimmering ice palace for the holidays.
Another can’t-miss moment is the “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” This enchanting holiday procession features marching toy soldiers, dancing gingerbread men, Disney characters, Santa Claus and more!
Then the highlight of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party night is “Holiday Wishes Fireworks– Celebrate the Spirit of the Season,” a special fireworks show set to holiday tunes that light up the sky above Magic Kingdom Park. This Holiday event offers magic, cheer and enchantment for Guests of every age—it’s truly a time for wishes to come true! Buy your tickets online at OrlandoTicketConnection.com and save!
The 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays otherwise known as, Holidays Around the World, begins November 18 and runs until December 30, 2018. This year’s Festival will feature Holiday Kitchens in addition to storytellers, entertainment, and more!
Experience a celebration like no other, featuring the festive holiday traditions of Epcot’s 11 World Showcase nations. 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays surrounds you in the wondrous sights, sounds and flavors of the season, as celebrated by cultures near and far.
Become enchanted by inspiring live musical productions. Delight in seasonal food & beverage specialties at the expanded Holiday Kitchens. Take a journey on a festive global tour—as costumed entertainers bring time-honored traditions to life throughout World Showcase! Children and adults alike will love experiencing the international cultures and traditional story telling by live actors in seasonal costume. All 11 nations will be showcasing traditions specific to their culture with storytelling, music and food.2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Festivities:
**Candlelight Processional, the retelling of the Christmas story as told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir starts early this year — on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22. So far this year we know that Pat Sajak, Jodi Benson, Neil Patrick Harris and Whoopi Goldberg will be returning as celebrity narrators. More will be announced soon. The show takes place at the America Gardens Theatre each evening at 5 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Nov. 22-Dec. 30.
**Holiday Kitchens – We don’t have many 2018 details yet, but seasonal tastes from around the globe will be served at these kitchens around World Showcase.
**Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Guests purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments.
**Holiday Entertainment – Enjoy the sights and sounds of the nations of World Showcase, as each country’s holiday heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions.
**Fireworks Finale – The nightly fireworks display, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will feature a special holiday ending.
Santa & Mrs. Claus welcome guests daily at the USA pavilion, while Father Christmas takes us on a historical trip back to the 15th century in United Kingdom. Sigrid and Julenissen tell tales of Christmas gnomes in Norway. Christmas traditions from France are told by Père Noël.
Nothing say’s Holidays other than food and during the 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, you’ll be able to take your taste buds on a seasonal journey. Holiday Kitchens offer delicious festive food and drink delights and lots of holiday treats will be at various locations throughout Epcot.
We’re sure you’ll have a joyous time at Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, but just to make sure get your Discount Disney Tickets here!